Monday, June 11, 2012

Congrats Sis!

My super awesome sis will be starting her new job next month.  It'll be a job with greater responsibility (and everything else that comes with it!)  I'm really excited for her and naturally had to make her a congratulatory card.

Although I can't say this card was difficult to make, it did take some time as I wanted all the details to be looked after - from inking the edges of all layers and curling corners to give it an antique look, adding glitter and waiting for them to dry, cutting out and gluing the lettering, to embossing...I spared nothing.  It's an easel card, and when opened/standing up, DH says the letters look like typewriter keys.  I can't disagree, though that wasn't the intention.  Really, I just needed something that popped up to hold the top layer in place :P

Congrats Sis!

P.S. Sis loved the card so much she asked me to make 4 more similar easel cards for her to give her coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...